Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving dinner

Carbs, Carbs, everywhere....and oh so much to eat!! I have just finished my prep for the big dinner on Thursday. I have never been much of a cook, and usually prove it over and over. My idea of preparing the meal is offering to stop and pick it up on the way home. But, since my true love and I are trying to lose a few pounds, we have decided to eat more from our own fridge, and less from the local eating establishments. So...that being said, I polled the family, asked what they wanted to eat, and have been searching for easy to fix, yet tasty additions to our Thanksgiving dinner. First off...none of us are that crazy about Turkey, so... being from Texas, our remedy is cross out turkey, add grilled steak and shrimp. Ohhhh, I like this plan already. Grilling is strictly the job of the men in my life!! Next, the side dishes...hmmmm, of course there must be potatoes..those from the pioneer woman (carb), and corn on the cob (carb, carb), oh...and mom would you fix some of that macaroni stuff (carb, carb, carb), the one from the girl you work with (thanks, TH). Plus, we must have a couple of pies. Suddenly I realize that I will be walking on the treadmill for the rest of the month just to walk off the meal. Oh well, I am thankful that I am able to do this, and spend time with all the guys (husband, 2 sons, 2 grandsons) and gals (2 daughters in law a.k.a., dil 1 and dil 2) in my life. I hope that you all have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving, and I am sure you will be seeing me on the treadmill.


pw

No comments: